This statement enters into force from the year 2023.
Your privacy is important to us
We, at HOBIJ, are aware of how important the protection of your personal data is and that the security and transparency thereof have to be safeguarded. We are doing whatever we can to process those personal data in a responsible manner, in accordance with the applicable legislation with regard to data protection. This applies to all countries in which HOBIJ operates.
Who we are
We form HOBIJ together with the group companies below:
- HOBIJ Groep, Chamber of Commerce 16085170
- HOBIJ Staffing B.V., Chamber of Commerce 17093022
- HOBIJ Welcome Housing B.V., Chamber of Commerce 55310648
- HOBIJ Support B.V., Chamber of Commerce 17273213
HOBIJ is responsible for the processing of the personal data as indicated in this Privacy Statement.
The main office of HOBIJ is located in Veghel (the Netherlands) at the address below:
5462 EA Veghel
5460 AB Veghel
T: +31 (0)413 870 000
Whose personal data do we collect?
HOBIJ processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you have submitted these data us.
We collect personal data of
- Visitors and users of the website
In general, our websites – www.hobij.nl, www.hobij.pl, www.hobij.ro and www.hobij.eu – can be visited without your personal data being provided to us.
As soon as you visit the website of HOBIJ, non-identifiable information is collected, related to the type of device, browser and the way you use our website, such as date and time of access, the source from which you were directly linked to our website, the operating system you use, the parts of the website you visit and the pages of the website you have visited. This information helps us to improve the websites, for your ease of use and to provide you with the best service.
We process the information:
- with your permission (by allowing cookies)
). We do so to see how visitors use our website. A cookie is a file saved on your computer. These cookies can be recognised when you visit our website again.
As soon as you provide your data to us by filling in a form, applying for a job vacancy or by means of a registration during which you create an account, we process the data you provide to us. We ask you to only provide information that is correct and relevant.
We collect your personal data to:
2. Applicants, (potential) candidates, flex workers, internal employees of HOBIJ and/or other persons
- be able to respond to questions, tips, feedback, applications or requests if you filled in a form to that end or left your data;
- be able to provide information on our services and other activities and to better align these with your wishes and qualities;
- approach you for offers, events and other information that may be interesting to you;
- be able to send you emails such as newsletters or alerts for job vacancies if you have subscribed to this service (opt-in);
- process and respond to your feedback or complaints so we are able to improve our services and resources or to provide you with better service.
We process personal data necessary to provide our services. We only collect and process your data for the execution of our HR and recruitment services, including mediation, placement, secondment, recruitment & selection, personal development and deployability, reintegration, career guidance, advice, planning and personnel/salary administration. We cannot provide our services without these data.
The information we collect is processed:
- to comply with a legal obligation;
- based on a legitimate interest in accordance with or resulting from the purposes indicated;
- in limited cases: with your permission where possible and if you are able to give this consent freely (if you have not yet reached the age of 16, we need permission from your parents or person holding parental responsibility);
- to communicate with you (correctly and clearly);
- to make you offers and/or provide information on the services and other activities and to align these better with your wishes and qualities;
- to approach you for commercial offers, newsletters, events and promotional actions that may be interesting to you, only if you subscribed to receive this information (opt-in);
- to process or to respond to your feedback or complaints so we are able to improve our services and resources or to provide you with better service;
- to improve our service provision; if we, for example, record conversations for training purposes, we will inform you in advance;
- to be able to assess your suitability and availability with regard to mediation towards permanent or temporary work or an assignment for which we may also use test results, reference checks, social media (only if this is truly relevant for the position and indicated in the text of the job vacancy);
- to gain insight in companies where or through which you are possibly deployed or how we are able to support or advise you when looking for a job;
- to introduce you to our clients. This is also possible by means of audio and/or visual material in case of videos or photos: only if you provided or had provided this material to us voluntarily; to schedule you within the company of our client as well as possible according to your wishes and availability and the possibilities at our client;
- to enter into and to maintain an employee or personnel/mediation relationship with you and to carry out the relevant administration in that respect;
- to fulfil our reintegration obligations and to comply with the objectives (imposed by the government) to help people with a large(r) distance to the employment market to find a job;
- to perform the actions and administration needed in case we are the bearer of excess;
- to record an assignment at the client in an agreement with the client and to maintain and fulfil this agreement;
- to process certain position data in the context of a pre-employment screening;
- to promote your personal and career development and deployability, for example by means of training, education and tests;
- for management purposes, including management information, preparing internal audits and operational safety, and conducting audits;
- for quality purposes such as certification;
- to be able to claim entitlement to grants, premium discounts, wage costs benefits and suchlike;
- if we entered into an employee or personnel/mediation relationship with you; for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to identification, employment legislation, obligations under tax and social insurance legislation, pension, combating fraud and national and international sanction legislation;
- for marketing purposes in case of video or photo recordings; a consent form with personal data in which reference is made to the portrait rights and the use of the visual material is part thereof.
Additional data may be desired to better align our services with your wishes, qualities and/or availability or to comply with more specific questions or obligations with regard to the position and/or required by clients. We ask you to only provide information that is correct and relevant.
We can also collect your contact (data) when you have posted these on public means or channels (for example, Linkedin), only if we have a legitimate reason to assume that you would be interested in work or our services. In that case we will approach you to assess your interest to register with us in conformity with our terms and conditions and with due observance of this Privacy Statement. You are responsible for your personal data available on the internet. Check these data regularly and properly shield the information if you do not want this information to be available for third parties.
More specifically, it involves – among other things – the following (documents with) personal data:
- data regarding your name, address, place of residence, email address and other contact data;
- birth data, age, gender;
- curriculum vitae (CV), information about education, internships and work experience;
- information about training courses and educations and/or tests you have followed or carried out yourself or through us;
- data on availability and leave;
- other data that are (or may be) important as part of the assessment of the suitability of you as a candidate, for example references and attestations;
- passport photo and/or video (introduction) – on a voluntary basis.
A copy of your ID can be saved and checked during the recruitment and selection process to verify whether you are allowed to work in the Netherlands. Your ID will be removed if you do not start working for HOBIJ within four weeks.
We ask data regarding your gender to communicate with you, data on age to be able to identify you in our systems and to determine whether we have certain obligations (such as regarding to the salary and whether we need permission from parents or guardian).
The moment you start working/work/have worked for HOBIJ;
- nationality, Citizen Service Number, ID-document, work permit;
- other data related to personnel, salary and absence registration;
If you are insourced and outsourced by us to a client;
- data necessary in the context of limitation of the liability for using external personnel (such as name, address, place of residence, date of birth, Citizen Service Number, type of ID-document, number and period of validity, if available: residence permit, A1-declaration, work permit).
In some cases, HOBIJ also records special personal data should this be necessary to comply with our legal obligations or if this is otherwise allowed under the law. “Special personal data” are: genetic and biometric data, health, criminal personal data and/or personal data on unlawful or troublesome behaviour, etc. Separate and explicit permission will be requested to record these data.
- Employees of suppliers, clients and other business relations
We process personal data of persons working for companies with which we conduct business (1) to provide information about the services and other activities, (2) to maintain a business relationship and (3) to conclude and maintain a commission contract.
The information is processed;
- to comply with a legal obligation;
- based on a legitimate interest in accordance with or resulting from the purposes indicated; (why do we process personal data) we do so based on a thorough assessment and balance of interests;
- based on your permission.
What personal data do we collect?
- your name and contact data;
- data of the company you work for or represent;
- data to be able to maintain a good business relationship with you;
- data for events and meetings.
We collect your data to;
- be able to record, maintain and fulfil the agreement we entered into;
- be able to communicate with you;
- maintain a good business relationship with you, to;
- be able to make you offers, to issue promotional gifts and/or to provide information about the services and other activities;
- approach you for commercial offers, newsletters, events and promotional actions that may be interesting to you, only if you subscribed to this service (opt-in);
- be able to send invoices;
- be able to determine the creditworthiness;
- grant you and/or your colleagues access to the portal and to arrange for account management;
- for reporting purposes (for example to provide the correct person with the correct report);
- process or respond to your feedback or complaints so we are able to improve our services and resources or to provide you with better service;
- improve our service provision.
How long do we store your data?
We store data of (potential) candidates, applicants, flex workers, internal employees of HOBIJ, employees of suppliers, clients and other business relations to comply with the purpose for which these data were collected. The required retention period depends on the relevance of the data in order for us to maintain or record our relationship and will be determined by us based on the laws and regulations and possible claim risks but the principle is that we do not retain the data any longer than necessary.
For potential candidates, applicants (if you have not (yet) worked for HOBIJ) this means your mediation data (CV, work experience, education, test results and suchlike) are available up to two years after the last contract if you have not worked for HOBIJ.
For flex workers and internal employees (if you work or have worked for HOBIJ) this means your personal data are available up to two years after termination of the employment. Certain personal data are available to HOBIJ for a longer period of time, such as data in relation to claims, audits and tax obligations.
Should you no longer be interested in mediation, you can, if of application, notify your contact person at HOBIJ or unsubscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your account will then be removed and you will no longer be approached and mediated by HOBIJ. Upon unsubscribing, your personal data will be available for three more calendar months in a shielded environment (for the recruitment & selection process this period is 24 months) in relation to claim risks. In case of flex workers and internal employees, your personal data will be archived after two years in a shielded environment.
Your data are only available to HOBIJ in the shielded environment under strict conditions in accordance with the goals and terms set to that end. Your data are removed permanently after the terms mentioned are expired.
If clients have an account in the customer portal, personal data related to this account are available up to two years after the last placement.
When do we collect your data?
We collect your personal data for example, if;
- you visit our websites or use the flex or customer portal;
- you fill in or leave your data on our website;
- you create an account on the website or through the flex or customer portal;
- you register at one of our locations; or
- you sign up or are signed up in any other way to make use of our services or to provide you with a service.
If HOBIJ has not been provided with your data directly, we collect data;
- from social media, only if we have a legitimate reason to assume that you would be interested in work. In that case we will approach you to ask whether you are interested in registering with us or if you would like to make use of our services in any other way. If you are not interested, we can process your relevant data to take note of your wish not to be approached by us;
- if we receive personal information from reference contact persons indicated by you;
- if clients, to whom you have been offered or where you work or have worked, share personal information about you with us or sign you up for our services; if this is part of or results from our agreement;
- from suppliers as part of insourcing and outsourcing, in that case we agreed with the supplier that he/she informs you and refers to our Privacy Statement.
Sharing your personal data
HOBIJ can transmit your personal data to the following (categories of) recipients;
- group companies that are part of HOBIJ;
- subcontractors and suppliers (such as data processors) who provide services or execute assignments on behalf of HOBIJ. These recipients only have access to the data they need to execute their tasks and are bound by contractual obligations;
- third parties such as service providers who perform duties commissioned by us (including testing, educational and/or examining institutes, parties conducting customer satisfaction surveys for quality labels and certifications, external consultants, business partners and professional advisors such as lawyers, auditors, technical support functions and IT-consultants who develop and test our systems);
- clients to whom we may introduce you, where you start working or work through us, or who ask us to provide our services for your career guidance, coaching, mediation or outplacement;
- individuals and organisations who have information about, for example, your reference or suitability (such as diplomas) or to whom we, at your request, provide data or who, at your request, provide us with information such as current, former or targeted employers, educators, examining institutes and temporary work agencies;
- third parties to whom we provide data with your explicit permission or with whom we share data at your request in relation to data portability;
- pension funds, if of application;
- public authorities and other entities (such as grant applicants) if we are of opinion that we have the obligation or are entitled to do so.
And in all other cases in which we have the obligation to share your data, for example by means of a judicial order or court rulings.
Sharing of personal data is done based on a legitimate interest, permission, legal obligation and/or to execute the agreement in accordance with the purposes referred to under “Why do we collect your personal data?”
HOBIJ is represented internationally in several EU-countries. Your personal data can be transmitted or stored within these countries. HOBIJ is located in the following EU-countries (outside the Netherlands):
HOBIJ International Work Force Sp. z o.o. – Opole
45-064 Opole - Polska
T: +48 (0)77 415 32 04
Str. Mircea cel Batran, nr. 99C,
Etaj 3, Birou 5, Interfon 5
900592, Constanta, Romania
T: +40 (0)341 452 196
HOBIJ has taken the necessary measures to ensure that the transmitted personal data are protected adequately. Your personal data can be sent to one or multiple countries in which HOBIJ is located and/or represented and processed in those countries. We only transmit your personal data to countries outside the EU of which the European Commission has the opinion that your personal data are sufficiently protected or where HOBIJ or its group companies have taken appropriate security measures to safeguard the privacy of your data. See the contact data below for any questions on this topic.
You have the right to submit a request for;
- consultation of the personal data we process of you;
- correction of your personal data;
- removal of your personal data or limitation of processing: under certain circumstances, unless we have a good reason, such as a legal obligation, to process or not to remove the personal data;
- limitation of or an objection against the processing of your personal data;
- transfer of your data.
In order to protect the personal data, we must be able to determine your identity to fulfil your request.
We do not make use of automated decisions that are solely based on automated processing including profiling.
For flex workers and clients with an account in the flex or customer portal;
- if you have your own account, you have access to a large part of your personal data and you, as a candidate, flex worker or client, can download the data for the right of data portability (transferability). You are also able to alter some data yourself, such as alterations in your CV, if of application, or your account information;
- if the processing of your personal data is based on your permission, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, withdrawing your consent does not affect the legitimacy of any processing based on your earlier consent before we received such withdrawal or in case further processing of that same data is continued according to another basis, such as an agreement or legal obligation of HOBIJ.
This is how you can withdraw your consent;
- if you have subscribed to receive information on news articles, events, alerts or other message, you are able to opt-out using the unsubscribe-link included in the email you receive;
- you can prevent cookies from being placed through your browser settings but you can also change or remove your cookie settings from your device at all times;
- if you want to alter or remove data you are unable to adjust yourself, you can contact your contact person and/or location of HOBIJ through email@example.com.
Questions, comments, complaints or (suspicion of) data leak
Contact your contact person and/or location of HOBIJ if you have any questions. You are also able to contact us using the general contact information. The general contact information of HOBIJ in the Netherlands is:
HOBIJ (main office)
H. Hartplein 1
5462 EA Veghel
T: +31 (0)413 870 000
Please let us know if you have any complaints so we are able to help you along and, if needed, adjust/improve our services/work processes.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about the protection of your personal data by HOBIJ, contact our Data Protection Officer. This can be done in writing through firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the general telephone number +31 (0)413 870 000 and indicating that the question / comment / complaint is addressed to the Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with the Data Protection Authority.
Have you noticed or do you suspect a data leak? For example, do you suspect loss or unauthorised access to personal data, let us know immediately through email@example.com.
Protection of your data
HOBIJ does everything it can to optimally protect your personal data. We do so based on our information security policy. To that end, taking into account the latest technology, we have taken physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures to prevent unauthorised use. These measures are evaluated on a regular basis and updated if needed.
If data are provided to data processors who provide services or execute assignments on behalf of HOBIJ, HOBIJ has agreed with them that they also optimally secure the personal data.
You have to be aware of the fact that you are responsible for the security of your computer equipment and/or telephone and your own internet connection and also that the latter is never 100% safe. Sending personal data through the internet is therefore at your own risk.
Alterations in Privacy Statement
HOBIJ can make changes, additions or alterations to its Privacy Statement from time to time for various reasons. The most up-to-date Privacy Statement can be consulted on the website at all times. We advise you to read the Privacy Statement regularly.
This statement complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that has entered into force in 2023.